Translate

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Teaching Tuesday 1-21-14 Being Flexiable

image courtesy of Getideaka/freedigitalphotoes.net
It's a Monday morning. Amazingly you are well rested, and ready to tackle this week of homeschooling. The sun is shining, the birds are singing (OK probably not but you get the idea!) and then you hear those dreaded words "Mama, I don't feel so good." Eek! Gasp! Just when you think that this week will be different this week I will tackle everything! This week I am Superwomen!

Since I home school my children we don't really get fun things like snow days, (I home school but it with a distance learning academy, so my children have a few live classes with teacher) and my children have to be throwing up (sorry) or be passing out for them to miss school, but occasionally that happens.

When evil sickness strikes hit back! Be flexible! I think that it is great to be like "OK you are sick stay in bed and relax." I like to make up sick bins with stuff for them to entertain themselves (and I throw in educational stuff in there too, fun stuff so they don't realize they are learning!! He he!) I try to keep the sick one away from the other children in the house. (if you are like me and chose to have a litter of children, you know that one cold can wipe out the entire family. Chances are if the others ones don't show signs they will once sick child number 1 feels better!) Also it is best to be prepared. You don't want to have to run out to pick up medicine with your other children and the sick one either. I like to make sure that I check the medication expiration dates and levels before winter comes. Stock up on soups and fluids to help keep the little ones hydrated!

We can't prevent colds and flu's but we can help our little ones feel more comfortable in this most uncomfortable time. We may not get everything done that we wanted and we may not be the Superwoman we thought but to those little eyes we are Supermoms!

No comments:

Post a Comment