Translate

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Craft Corner - DIY Salt Dough Easter eggs

Hey Guys with Easter coming I wanted to a fun and simple cute craft so I present... Salt Dough Easter Eggs! It is quite easy to do and if you have different cookie cutters you can do these for all the different holidays!

Things you will need:
Salt
Flour
Water
rolling pin
cookie cuts or something to make your shape with
a pen (optional)
ribbon (optional)
nail file (optional)




So first you have to make your dough. The recipe is simple:

1 cup salt
2 cups flour
1 cup Luke warm water

What to do:
Mix your dry ingredients in a large bowl
slowly add water and mix
(you can also add food coloring to color the dough but since I am painting the dough I did not do this step)

Pretty Simple right?

Ok! Then you need to flour the surface you will be working on so that the dough doesn't stick.
Once you do this you can roll out the dough to you're desired thickness.
 

After you do that get whatever instrument you are going to use to cut your shape. I actually used the top of a conditioner lid.
 
 
After that place the shapes on a cookie sheet (I was able to fit 24 eggs and had a nice size ball of left over dough!)
 



 
Once that is complete you can take a pen and put a hole near the top in case you want to hang them by ribbon
 
 
Place them in an oven that is preheated to 200 degrees and bake them for 2 hours. Once they are done, allow them to cool and paint away! After mine cooled they had some rough edges from not using a cookie cutter but I used my nail file to file the edges away. I am still painting mine and need some different colored paint but here are two that are painted (just not how I like!)
 
HAPPY CRAFTING!!


No comments:

Post a Comment